Helo Advertising Guidelines
- Helo is a social media platform that encourages the exchange of perspective, transcending a diverse array of cultures and beliefs. Helo provides a place for users to air their views, engage in peaceful and intellectual conversations and be made aware of current affairs. These Advertising Guidelines aim to ensure Helo meets its above commitments.
- In order to advertise on Helo, each party must abide by Helo’s Terms of Service and Community Guidelines, as well as these Advertising Guidelines (collectively, “Policies”). These Policies may be updated from time to time, and you are advised to review them regularly.
- In order to advertise on Helo, you are expected to ensure that the advertisements you place on Helo are suitable to users above 13 years of age, and are not targeted at children. It is also your responsibility to ensure that your advertisement complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, as well as relevant self-regulatory guidelines, rules and codes.
- Any questions about these Advertising Guidelines may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Ad Review Process
These Advertising Guidelines are used by Helo’s ad review team to evaluate each ad campaign presented for review. Helo reserves the right to reject ad campaigns or remove any running ad campaigns at any time, for any reason at Helo’s sole discretion, including, but not limited to violation of any applicable Helo policies or terms and conditions. Helo may also bar or remove a business account in light of the above.
1. Prohibited Content
The following categories of ads are prohibited on Helo:
- Ads that depict or encourage use of illegal or prescription drugs, drug paraphernalia, recreational drugs or alcohol.
- Ads promoting cigarettes (including e-cigarettes), cigars, tobacco and any related products.
- Ads that depict nudity or sexual content, including sexually suggestive acts or other sexually provocative content.
- Ads that encourage violence or hate speech
- Ads that promote online gambling, lotteries, casinos, sports bookings, fantasy sports, bingo, or poker.
- Ads that include content that infringes or violates third party rights, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights.
- Ads that contain content which is deemed obscene or unlawful under applicable laws in the relevant jurisdiction.
- Ads that contain shocking, sensational, or excessively violent references.
- Ads that discriminate or encourage discrimination against people based on personal attributes such as race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status, disability, medical or genetic condition.
- Ads that promote or encourage the use of dangerous weapons, including guns, explosives, knives, swords and other objects that are designed to cause harm to individuals.
- Ads that promote the sale of counterfeit goods.
- Ads that promote pre-natal sex determination services or products
- Helo does not permit political advertising. This includes content that promotes a current or former political leader, candidate for public office, political party or group, or advocates a view on a nationally recognized topic of discussion with political motives.
- Ads that in any other way promote illegal products or services or promote illegal or inappropriate activities based on advertisers local jurisdiction.
2. Prohibited Practices
- Ads placed on Helo must be truthful, and contain content that relates to matters of objectively ascertainable fact that is capable of being substantiated.
- Ads placed by you on Helo should not include representations, omissions or practices that are deceptive or likely to mislead customers and affect customers’ behavior or decision about a product or service. Further, Ads shall not be framed to abuse the trust of consumers or exploit their lack of experience.
- No sensitive personal information may be collected, shared or otherwise processed in any manner, unless such processing is expressly consented to by the individual involved. Any ad data collected, received or derived from your Helo ad may only be shared with your service providers. You may only use the advertising data provided by Helo on an aggregated and anonymous basis, for purposes such as assessing the performance and effectiveness of your advertising campaigns.
- Your advertisements on Helo should not contain references to third parties without due permission, wherever required, and should not disparage a third party or a product in an unlawful or anti-competitive manner.
- Your advertisements on Helo should not include any content that may incite crimes or violence, deride any race, caste, gender or nationality, or adversely affect friendly relations of the relevant jurisdiction with a foreign state.
3. Restricted Content
Helo may allow ads in the below categories subject to their compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and subject to the following additional restrictions:
- Subscription Services- Ads for subscription services, or that promote products or services that include negative options, automatic renewal, free-to-pay conversion billing products, or mobile marketing are subject to our subscription services requirements.
- Financial Services (must be 18+)
- Food - Ads for food products must accurately describe the qualities and characteristics of a food product, including any associated health and nutritional claims.
- Over-the-Counter Drugs
- Online Pharmacies- Ads for online pharmacies.
- Medical Devices - Ads that promote medical devices
- Dating Applications or Services- Ads that promote dating applications or services.
Use of Helo’s name, trademark and goodwill
Your advertisements on Helo should not imply an endorsement or partnership of any kind with Helo without Helo’s express written permission.
Relevance and Appropriateness
All elements of ads, including any text, images or other media, must be relevant and appropriate to the product or service being offered and the audience viewing the ad.
Other Ad Specifications for Ad Review
Helo may prescribe ad specifications, such as:
a. Text formats and fonts
b. Specific disclosure requirements
c. Limitations on use of external links
d. video length, format and resolution
Helo reserves the right to reject, approve or remove any ad for any reason, in its sole discretion, including ads that negatively affect Helo’s relationship with its users or negatively impact its competitive position, interests, or advertising philosophy.